By now, you have probably seen people puffing on some devices or even tried an e-cigarette yourself. There are some misconceptions about vaping. Many times, it is because people do not have the right information about e-cigarettes and vaping. There are those who have stigmatized vaping while others are strong supporters of the trend. Everyone believes that they are right and the other is wrong. To help clear out the air, here are five facts you may not know about vaping. Propylene glycol, which helps make smoke, is another chemical found in vape products.
- Vaping is Risky. There is a general belief that these products are less harmful than smoked cigarettes. However, almost everything is made of chemicals. Many vaping products contain nicotine, which is dangerous and addictive. Nicotine also affects attention and memory in developing brains. Since it is difficult to reverse nicotine, you may find yourself using other nicotine products such as cigarettes. Research has also proved that the products lead to adverse health consequences such as cancerous tumor development, stillbirths and damage to the lungs and heart.
- Vaping is not a proven method for quitting smoking. Rumors go around saying that vaping is a gateway to smoking the traditional cigarette. These rumors can be true when vaping is used exclusively as a replacement and only among smokers who have been unable to quit smoking using proven medically approved methods. However, we cannot rely on the little evidence that they reduce traditional cigarette smoking. In fact, the nicotine in e-cigarettes and other vaping products may lead to addiction. In some cases, they can make it hard to quit smoking.
- Dripping may expose you to Toxic Chemicals. Dripping is the process of directly inhaling heated e-cig liquid at a higher temperature to produce a more concentrated vapor. Research suggests that this may increase the user’s exposure to toxic chemicals such as formaldehyde and acetaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a carcinogen used in glues and adhesives. Acetaldehyde is a chemical found in cigarettes and in some foods. The exposure to toxic chemicals is the reason most of the users should stop dripping.
- Vape Juice does not Contain Antifreeze. Vape juice contains four ingredients, and one of them is propylene glycol, which is also used in antifreeze. This fact inflicts fear in people, but what they do not know is that the substance is added to antifreeze to make it less harmful when swallowed. The chemical makes it less toxic to ingest.
- Vaporizer Batteries can explode. No one likes exploding electronics. While vape battery explosions are rare (only 25 cases were reported in five years, according to the US Fire Administration), they are dangerous and terrifying. If you use battery-powered vaping products, stay safe by following these simple guides:
- Only use the charger your vape came with
- Do not charge your battery while sleeping
- Replace the batteries any time they get wet
- Do not let the cells come into contact with anything metal
- Look for e-cigarettes with safety features such as automatic shutoff. You can find a wide variety of safe products from the Vaping Cheap website.
If you are a long-time smoker and wish to quit smoking, vaping is a safe alternative although it does not reduce your nicotine intake. If you do not smoke, stay clear of vaping products.